Monday, August 08, 2005

Monday Morning Ramblings 2005, Issue XXXI

Just so ya know, next week (aka Issue XXXII) will be the final offseason MMR as I will be gearing up for the 2005 football season. Football camps will be opening and I'll be busy compiling LHAC and 6-AAA previews as well as covering the AAABA Tournament for the SW PA Blog. As we speak I'm getting 1-3 responses back a day from the many football coaches I've sent surveys to. This information will not only be used in my previews but help me compile my preseason District 5-6 rankings.

The WPIAL camps opened today! That's just too damn early but they got the OK from the PIAA last year to start their season a week early to preserve Championship Saturday. Yes, it's a great event but at what cost. I'm sure we'll cover that on the new Point/Counterpoint feature on Trojan Nation this year.

Tony Stewart got his win at Indy, but in stock cars at yesterday's Brickyard 400. Oh well, good for him I guess. The rest of motorsports that I care about (F1, ChampCar, IndyCar, NHRA, MotoGP) all took the weekend off.

Domestic soccer leagues are starting up in Europe. France 2 weeks ago, defending champ Lyon is off to a 2-0 start. The German Bundesliga started this past weekend. Defending champ Bayern Munich started their title defense with a 3-0 victory Friday Night at the first game at the new Alliance Arena. This coming weekend the granddaddy of them all, the EPL, gets underway. Look for the return of Fox Football Friday on Fox Soccer Channel.

Big ups to the local connection: trainer/driver Roger Hammer of Bedford won the biggest race in Harness Racing, the Hambletonian, Sunday aboard Vivid Photo. Congrads.

I'm off to Mountaineer Park this weekend for some slots and horses and one last mini vacation before my weekends are spoken for! Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home