Monday, July 25, 2005

Monday Morning Ramblings 2005, Issue XXIX

What a glorious week for hockey in Western Pennsylvania!

The Johnstown Chiefs named a new head coach, the president of the Tampa Bay Lightning was in town and really seems to be committed to making the partnership with Johnstown work, Toby is back were he is better suited (GM), season tickets sales appear to be up and people in the area are just generally excited about the upcoming ECHL season and getting the Chiefs back in the playoffs.

But that excitement is nothing compared to the buzz in the burgh. Only days after the new NHL plan had been laid out (new rules, CBA, etc.) it was revealed that the Penguins won the NHL Draft Lottery, sewing up the rights to phenom Sidney Crosby. This guy is supposed to be the next great thing out of Canada. Let's hope he's more like Lemieux and less like Lindros! The Pens look to really come out of this thing a winner.

See Pirates, sometimes you should sit out to get a better chance at being competitive.

I can only imagine the ticket requests and pro shop requests for #87 Crosby jerseys over this past weekend!

Well, it is almost upon us, NFL Training Camp, or as we say in Pittsburgh "The Official End to Baseball Season.". Here is some information on the Steelers training camp, including a schedule.

Motorsports wrapup: Kimi blew an engine, Danica looked more like Sarah Fisher, rainy day for MotoGP, caution laden Pennsylvania 500. One thing I do want to mention is that I have been watching more NHRA this year as I'm anticipating my first trip to an event. I'd like to be up to speed on all the goings on in Top Fuel, Funny Car, Pro Stock and the bikes for my September trip. The staging battle in last week's Denver Pro Stock final was classic. Next weekend is Sonoma, the final stop on the western swing.

Let me put myself in the clear minority. I am so sick of Lance Armstrong, I'm glad the tour is over and it's his last one and that I can now move on. This is ethnocentric behavior at its best as no one in America cared about this event even though it is a huge deal in Europe, that is of course until Lance came along. People didn't even care that much when Greg LeMond won. Look, I'm not being insensitive about his battle with cancer. To say it's heroic is an understatement. That being said, I think he's a whiny baby. He was quick to call out his team earlier in the tour but I didn't hear him praising them after the win.

Is OLN really going to cover the entire event next year sans Lance?

So resident loudtalker Stephen A. Smith is getting his own weeknight show on the worldwide leader come August. I think my brother-in-law put it best when he said that ESPN is becoming a parody of itself. I'm just surprised it's not going to be called AT THE END OF THE DAY. That has to be the worst overused cliche in business, sports, entertainment, etc. I just hope he has one segment a night where he blasts Michael Olawankandi... 'cause quite frankly, it's not a show until he does!

Carl Krauser is coming back to Pitt for his senior season and as a Pitt fan I couldn't be happier. I was surprised last night while watching the #1 Cochran Sunday Sports Showdown on KDKA the stupidity of the comments on said subject by Sports Radio 970's Stan Savran. He states that even though Krauser will be the best player on the floor for the Panthers, his return will retard the growth of players like Ronald Ramon and Antonio Graves. That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard. When has that EVER been a valid point when discussing whether or not a player should leave early.

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I just don't get the Pittsburgh media's disdain for Carl. He's everything someone in the media should want. He's outgoing, a great quote, charismatic, etc, etc. They should be salivating at the opportunity to cover this cat one more season. Instead all you hear about is "he's a selfish player" or "that streetball mentality". Just shows you how much the burgh has to grow if it wants to consider itself a college hoops hotbed.

REALITY CHECK: Normally, I hate the genre, but you if you have to watch one reality show this year, make it Bravo's "Being Bobby Brown". Two words: ghetto fabolous!

I normally like to get somewhat learned in a topic before I blast but I hope there is a "Scientology for Dummies" book. I checked Dianetics out at my local library and I cannot make heads or tails of it!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

free houses swap annonces classees

February 27, 2007 at 1:18 AM  
Anonymous rape incest stories said...

org files Authors Don Winslow 1st attachment end ASSM Moderation System Notice Notice This post has been modified from its originalformat. When he pulled intothe driveway, he saw a strange car parked in the street.
free mother son incest stories
erotic stories
illustrated stories adult pics
fuck mom stories
kristen incest taboo stories
org files Authors Don Winslow 1st attachment end ASSM Moderation System Notice Notice This post has been modified from its originalformat. When he pulled intothe driveway, he saw a strange car parked in the street.

December 4, 2010 at 7:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home