Monday, July 18, 2005

Monday Morning Ramblings 2005, Issue XXVIII

What's up everyone? Not too eventful of a weekend. Watched a lot of bad Pirates baseball as they lost 3 of 4 at Wrigley Field to the Cubs. I guess the saving grace is that I have Derek Lee on my fantasy baseball team this year!

A lot of controversy is brewing over the Montour football program's involvement in an upcoming ESPN reality show starring Dick Butkus. After Seton LaSalle's Lou Cerro was brought in to rebuild the program, the school board has essentially undermined him by making Butkus the head coach. The almighty dollar was at work here as the school will get new uniforms, equipment and a new scoreboard. Not that I think it can't be a positive thing for the school, I wish not as much control would be going to a has-been with ZERO coaching experience.

But hey, when your program is 13-45 in the last six seasons I guess any publicity is good publicity.

Look for updates on the SW PA Sports Blog sometime this week. I've been on hiatus but I'm going to get things back up and running there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home