Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Monday Morning Ramblings 2005, Issue XXVII

Only one day off this week. I really need to get committed and on a schedule with this thing huh? Actually, I'm not too concerned as I don't think too many people are reading right now. That's OK, I hope to pic some traffic up here come football season when more traffic is at the new and improved Trojan Nation website.

Right now I want to talk about racing, racing and more racing. First off, congrads to Dale Jr for getting of the schnide of this terrible year he's having. The win at Chicagoland was his amazingly his first this season. I must say, this was the most NASCAR I've watched all year and I don't plan on catching much more until the Bud at the Glen. I just can't get in to this boring oval crap.

Open wheeled world had a full plate as Juan Pablo Montoya won at Sliverstone. The McLaren Mercedes' of both him and Finnish teammate Kimi Raikonnen looked very tough. Fernando Alonso and the Renault were right there in second and FA remains in the World Championship Lead and Renault remains in the constructor's title lead.

I couldn't believe the misfortune of Canadian Paul Tracy experienced at the Molson Indy in Toronto. First he got in to what I'll describe as a "racing deal" with Sebastian Bourdais leaving the pits. Unbelievably he raced several laps with half a front wing only to run out of gas! He'll get a chance for redemption in his home country though as the circuit travels across our neighbor to the north for the GP of Edmonton next Sunday.

Great win for Brit Justin Wilson, emotions had to be running high after the turmoil of the terrorist bombings of our allies across the Atlantic earlier in the week.

Last but not least in the motor sports world was the return of MotoGP to Laguna Seca and the win for American Nicky Hayden. I have just started following this racing this season and it is without a doubt the most exciting pure racing you could ask for as a fan. Valentino Rossi still has a stranglehold on the points lead and will most likely repeat as champ.

Although I felt bad for Jason Bay having to follow the amazing round one performance of Bobby Abrieu in last night's Home Run Derby and then subsequently not hitting a single ball out of the park, it was nice to see the Pirates represented. Maybe he can help out the NL cause tonight in the game. That way he can say he helped St. Louis or Washington get home field advantage in the World Series!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home