Wednesday, July 28, 2004

NFL ‘round the corner!

The Pirates won last night against the Braves in comeback fashion which has been a trend of late.  Why won’t God have mercy on me and just have the Bucs trade Kris Benson already?!

Speaking of trades, what’s the deal with Randy Johnson?  Why is he so hell bent on getting to a winner at this stage of his career?  He has a ring with Arizona (I know everyone forgets that season since it was post 9/11 and the whole country actually wanted the Yanks to win that one!), he’s 40, what else has he got to prove?  I can just hear the Evil Empire stuff if the Yanks get the Big Unit.

With NFL training camps firing up and ready to go, it’s good to have some NFL talk up in here.  However, this one is from the “Are You Kidding Me?” file.  The Vikings have signed WWE wrestler Brock Lesnar.  Look, I know he has huge shoulders but come on.  I’ll be surprised if this guy passes the drug test!

To celebrate the beginning of the NFL preseason I will be doing a special on the blog.  I will stack rank the different cheerleading squads of the NFL.  I’ll break them down by AFC and NFC.  If you don’t see your favorite team, don’t fret, remember not every team has cheerleaders.  Blasphemy if you ask me!

I had to laugh last night as I was watching “Lost Treasures of NFL Films” on ESPN Classic.  G. Gordon Liddy was on a program titled “Autumn Ritual”.  They show him in 1986 making the football/war analogy.  He even went so far as to break down each part of a football team to a certain branch of military.  The QBs and WRs are the Air Force, linemen are the infantry in the trenches, etc.  They cut ahead to 2003, right after the fall of Saddam’s Iraq and he’s scoffing at the analogy, saying it’s horrible.  Gee, and they say that John Kerry is a flip-flopper!

If you get a chance to see “Autumn Ritual” make sure you watch it.  It is a very unique look at the world of football. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home