Tuesday, July 27, 2004

Google, Shmoogle

So the Steelers extended Bill Cowher’s contract again and I just don’t think it’s a good idea.  I’ve been notably anti-Bill in the past and that isn’t changing.  I know it’s great that since 1969 only two guys have coached the Steelers but I do think that one can wear out their welcome.  Bill’s always talking about winning championships but somehow I just don’t see it happening with him.  He’s a Marty Schottenheimer prodigy and I think he’ll end up like him, good coaching career but no ring.

Boy, I love the irony that the banner ad for Yahoo's Fantasy Football is a picture of Kordell Stewart in a super-imposed Ravens uniform!

 The Pirates lost in a rain delayed game last night against the Braves.  More importantly my twin brother and stunt double Jaret Wright was on the mound for Atlanta.  My parents have thought Wright was my twin since he took the mound for the Indians in the 1997 World Series against Florida.  What do you think?  Here’s Wright:  http://us.f1f.yahoofs.com/bc/40e33118_1546/bc/Mail+Attachments/J+Wright.jpg?bfO4cBBBxqGvHSZN  and here I am:  http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/users/3c5152f/bc/Yahoo!+Photo+Album/hardcore.jpg?pfBpsBBBwJi_6c_S

Altoona native and Shaler grad Danny Fortson is becoming quite the NBA journeyman.  The Sonics will be his fifth team in eight seasons.  His pro and college careers have both been disappointments somewhat.  Those Cincy teams never could win the big one, suffering from SI cover jinx syndrome.  I guess I’m just still bitter for that cheap shot he gave Nick Teeter back in ’92!  Ah, the good old days of the Mid-Alleghenies Conference.  It was one of the better basketball leagues in the western part of the state:  JHS, Altoona, State College and Hollidaysburg just to name a few.

Do yourself a favor, if you haven’t seen Old School yet go out and rent it.  You will laugh yourself silly for an hour and a half.  I just don’t know how Anchorman has gotten some bad reviews.  I just look at Will Ferrell and start laughing!  I’m still chuckling at the scene of him singing “Dust in the Wind” at the funeral!

Does anyone else think this IPO price for Google, which is ranging over $100, is outrageous?  GOOG will be the ticker symbol.  Look, I’m partial to Google, it’s my search engine of choice at home and work.  HOWEVA, I just don’t think this is the move.  That’s a high priced stock with nowhere to go but down.

Good to see Big Bill back up at the podium at the DNC last night.  Vote Kerry!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home