Saturday, July 17, 2004

HOORAY!

I'm back up and running at home with a PC now, so you'll see blog posting six days a week now.  I'll have to take Sunday off though, God created the heavens and earth in six days ya know!
 
I read where Barry Pepper will be play Dale Earnhardt in ESPN's upcoming movie about the late Nascar superstar.  I just hope they do a better job with this one than they have with Bob Knight and Bear Bryant!
 
Speaking of racing, for the first time in nearly 15 years I attended the Vintage Grand Prix in Pittsburgh today.  It was only qualifying, but what was nice was that the rainy weather keep it comfortable, both from a temperature and crowd point of view.
 
I had my own double feature last night with movies that have been loading up my hard drive on my DVR.  25th Hour with Edward Norton was good; not great or bad.  Not Spike Lee's best "joint" but there is a really good scene in which Norton's character, who is spending his final day before going to jail for 7 years on drug charges, has a monologue in the bathroom and basically f-bombs every ethnic group in the Big Apple.
 
Then, I finally got around to watching 8 Mile.  It seems to me that rappers do well when they are acting in their own element.  In other words, when they aren't really acting.  Ice Cube was great in Friday, Em was great in 8 Mile, etc because that is their natural environment.  Ice-T on Law and Order SVU, that just doesn't work for me.
 
I popped in my nearly acquired digital remaster of the Van Halen classic "1984" this morning.  That group just isn't the same without Diamond Dave.  And honestly, Diamond Dave really isn't the same without them.  Sure he had mild success in his solo career but no one is comparing "Yankee Rose" with "Jump", "Panama" or "Hot for Teacher".  They tried to do that tour with him and Sammy and it just didn't work. 
 
I'll see you on Monday, it's great to be online at home again, not that I dislike going to the public library but this is just more convenient!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home