Friday, July 16, 2004

No Kobe Clippers Jersey After All!

The Pirates were lucky enough to have an extra day off during the all-star break this year.  They had a workout at PNC Park last night to prepare for a weekend series with the defending world champion Florida Marlins.  I know the Fish are only one game back but does anyone really think they’ll repeat; I sure don’t.  Actually, the NL East looks like a great race.  The Braves and Phillies are tied for first; the Marlins and Mets are both one game back.  Only the Puerto Rico Expos are out of it, in last 15 games back.  They’re even worse than our Buccos!
 
The Lakers saved some face yesterday with Kobe’s announcement that he’s staying put.  What a disaster had the Lakers traded Shaq and made all the other numerous concessions to Kobe and then he would have decided to jump ship.  Now, my question is this:  will the Lakers be playing some home games in Anaheim.  Probably not, I can’t see Jack Nicholson courtside at the Pond in Arrowhead!
 
I watched the season finale of the WB’s “Pepsi Smash” last night.  Snoop Dogg was good but unfortunately they ended with Avril Lavigne.  Not only did she do a song from her first album which I thought was odd with the new one out but she sounded TERRIBLE.  This isn’t the first time I’ve heard her live and thought this; she had a sub par performance on SNL some time ago.  I’m beginning to think there are some digital enhancements going on in the studio with her. 
 
If you get a chance and have HBO, watch “Hitler’s Pawn” when it re-airs.  It’s a great documentary about how the US and the world was duped into thinking Hitler would put Jews on the Olympic team to avoid boycotting.
 
Well, things are starting to finally get going in My Life; on page 181 Bill finally meets Hillary.  He’s almost done with law school so hopefully we’ll get in to the political stuff real soon. 
 
Martha Stewart will find out today if she’ll get jail time.  Lea Fastow hit the maximum-security facility in Houston last week.  I wonder if she’ll take my advice and tone up while behind bars!  And how does prison life work with females?  Is there a bit*h system?  I would guess not since they all are bit*hes!!!
 
Ann Coulter must be reading my blog; the conservative queen’s latest doesn’t contain any references to the word liberal.  Amazing!
 
Have a great weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home