Friday, October 13, 2006

MySpace Blog from 10-11-06

I didn't get a chance to post this last night because I was traveling back to Pittsburgh after attending the Johnstown vs. Bishop McCort freshman game. I must say, it was a very intense battle and a very close game. We'll talk more about the game in next week's "Bullet Points" but Johnstown fell 22-18 in what was their first loss of the season.

I never cease to be amazed at the stupidity of some parents out there. The way they were yelling at the coach AND players last night, you'd have thought the team was 0-5 going into the game rather than 5-0. Sometimes it scares me that some of these "adults" are the role models and examples our young kids have at home. It's no wonder kids do drugs, get pregnant, etc!

I'm not saying that I've NEVER been critical of coaches. I had some choice words for the Head Coach in the days of Corky McCabe and Bill Cacciotti. Personally, those two never deserved to don the black and pale blue. McCabe was an embarrassment, towards the end of his tenure he'd actually argue back and forth with fans that yelled at him at the Point. Oh, and he tried to bring that friggin' Wing-T and install it in one summer! How the school board even hired him is beyond me, the guy was subpar at two programs that have improved greatly since he left (Penn Cambria and Bishop Carroll).

Cacciotti wasn't much better, I don't think I've seen worse clock management ever but at least he acted properly on the sideline.

Those two are where they belong. McCabe is an assistant coach at Portage and Cacciotti is coaching Middle School at McCort.

But I digress!

I've been looking forward to this Johnstown-McCort game since I woke up Monday morning and being at Trojan Stadium last night was just an appetizer.

I'm ready for the main course!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are a typical Johstown idiot. get a girlfriend,get a life and stop polluting the internet with you stupid opinion

April 30, 2008 at 10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home