Sunday, April 03, 2005

Monday Morning Ramblings 2005, Issue XIII

It was quite a somber week with two high profile deaths in the news. Terri Schiavo and Pope John Paul II both passed away this past week.

As far as the Schiavo case is concerned, I really tried to divorce myself from this story as much as possible. I think what is lost in this case is the fact of what may have caused Schiavo's fateful heartattack: an eating disorder. If there are two lessons in this case, it's 1. You're never too young for a living will and 2. get help if you have an eating disorder before it's too late.

I won't get in to the battle between the husband and the family as it's apparent they've both whored themselves out to the media. One thing I will say though is that Terri's sister is a good looking lady!

As far as His Holiness, as a non-Catholic and a liberal I can't say I agree with many of his teachings but that aside, he was a great man. The work he did in the Polish solidarity movement and helping end communism there is a major point in that. He will be missed. He was such a charismatic figure, everyone you hear that got a chance to meet him just spoke about the moment in awe. He touched a lot of people, Catholic or not. May he rest in peace and his memory be eternal.

Another death completely caught me off guard when I was shocked to see that former Steelers LB David Little passed away (Read his obit).

The public vs. private debate will linger in the PIAA. A proposal was shot down last week and it appears that the debate is dead in the water.

Pirates opening day is today, I will be attending my first opening day game ever. Amazing, as I've been to hundreds of games but never an opener.

I'll leave it at that and see you all next week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home