Monday, January 31, 2005

Monday Morning Ramblings 2005, Issue IV

Not too much going on this past week. I spent Saturday at Piratefest at the Convention Center. I don't care what negative Pittsburgh media types say about the Pirates and Pirate fans in general. There is always a lot of talk about the burgh being a one horse town when it comes to sports and the Steelers. Certain folks, which will remain nameless but I'll tell you his last name rhymes with Geigerbald, don't want anything to do with non-Steelers topics.

The line to get Rookie of the Year Jason Bay's autograph was out of this world. I spoke to a good many Pirates fans that are excited about the upcoming season. I'm sure the majority of them, like myself, know there is little chance for postseason play. However, baseball is different. There is something about it. There are so many games. You will have many chances to see a win. I spoke to a fan that traveled all the way from Columbus, Ohio for the event.

Oh, and by the way, the Pitt men's basketball team isn't too shabby. They are sold out for the entire season of home games. I was lucky enough to come up with tickets tonight for the Providence game. I hope there is not a letdown after back-to-back, come-from-behind wins against UConn and Syracuse.

Yes, Pittsburgh, there is life after the Steelers!

I ran in to Eddie Olczyk at the Mount Lebanon Rec Center. He was coaching one of his sons games prior to my nephew's Johnstown Warriors game. Good to see the coach keeping active with hockey during the work stoppage. It's already been reported that he's helping his older son at Chartiers Valley High School.

Unfortunately, the Warriors lost to the Mount Lebanon Hornets.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home