Monday, March 28, 2005

Monday Morning Ramblings 2005, Issue XII

Well, Bishop McCort lost in their quest to win yet another state title in hockey, thus officially ending the winter sports season for Johnstown area schools. The JHS baseball team is fresh back from their annual spring trip.

I will be spending more time throughout the week now compiling the off-season "Ramblings" piece. I will still do a weekly roundup for the spring sports season at the Trojan Nation website. I also hope to continue blogging for PennLive on the spring season for the District 5-6 scene but I am waiting to hear from my editor on that note.

March Madness! Has this not been the best NCAA tournament in quite some time. You'd think I'd be a little down with Pitt's bad showing and I was for a bit, but now, I'm just all about watching good basketball. These overtime games are adding a lot of gray hairs out there.

Pirates opening day just a week away and I will make my first trip to an opening day ever. It's amazing to me that I've never got to an opening day, mainly since I've seen hundreds of Pirate games going back to the Three Rivers era (I'm a bit too young for Forbes Field, sorry!). I'm really amped, even if I'm going with a Penn State alumni group!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home