Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Monday Morning Ramblings 2005, Issue XI

Yes, yes, yes, I KNOW IT'S TUESDAY. I just had a lot to do on my other blog what with recapping all eight state title baskeball games from over the weekend in Hershey as well as preparing to cover Bishop McCort's appearance in the Class A Penguin Cup game tonight at the Mellon Arena. You can check my work out over at PennLive at http://www.pennlive.com/weblogs/swfootball/

I was a bit miffed at the snub the Trojans got in the year-end AAA poll. I'm not saying they should have been automatically #2, even though that seems to be what they did in the girls' AA poll with Westy, but they should have been higher than #6. Somewhere between 3-5 is more realistic of their true place. I wonder how they'll be ranked preseason with 4 of 5 starters back for their senior years. However, just when you really want to start complaining, think about it if you were an Erie Cathedral Prep fan. The Ramblers were in the semifinal state game in AAAA and didn't crack the top ten in the season-ending poll?! How in the world is that?!

It has come to my attention that some of the JHS football coaches were not pleased with some of my writing last year on the Trojan Nation website, mainly the Monday Morning Ramblings column which tended to be the most critical. Ha! Don't you know that's only going to make my turn it up a notch. All I can say to any coach on the staff, from Arcurio on down: my email address is at the bottom of every column I write so if you don't like something I wrote, drop me a line and tell me why. Personally I would think these guys would have more importants things to be concerned with but that's just me. I went back and reviewed my work and yes, I was critical when necessary but I never made personal attacks. Like I said, email me: trojannation@yahoo.com

I love the coverage of the local teams that were just in Hershey, it was quite an amazing winter sports season. The Tribune Democrat did a really nice job with the stories they ran.

A disappointing Chiefs season is coming to close and will make way to the Riverhawks initial season. I look forward to covering the Riverhawks here for the Trojan Nation blog. That and the AAABA league and tourney should give me enough to keep busy in the summer. There will also be the Ken Lantzy game thrown in there as well.

Stay tuned! Before you know football camp will open and we'll be chatting about the Trojans' first scrimmage!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home