Thursday, August 26, 2004

Special Announcement

Special Announcement

Greetings, I have some exciting news in regards to
some projects I will be working on for this upcoming
high school football season. First and foremost,
there will be daily features during the week on the
Trojan Nation website
(http://trojannation.tripod.com). If you scroll down
to the bottom of the home page you will see the menu
for each day’s piece. Also, I will publish a story on
Saturday on any games that I am in attendance for on
Friday nights. My first priority during high school
football season will always be to give JHS the best
coverage possible on the Trojan Nation website.

The first project I committed to this fall was a
contributor to the Texas HS football website and
message board (www.texashsfootball.com). They
maintain a list of programs in the nation that have at
least 400 wins. They got to the Trojan Nation site
and contacted me and after some brief dialogue, I
became the representative to update the site on all
the Pennsylvania schools. I thought this would be fun
since it goes along a bit with the “Countdown to 600”
piece of the Trojan Nation site. I have the
Pennsylvania list on the website now and it will be
updated weekly.

Second, I was contacted by a representative from an
Erie sports talk radio station. They are looking for
representatives from all over the state to compile
rankings based on Districts. I will be their rep for
Districts 5 & 6. The project is to compile a Top 20,
regardless of classification, per District on a weekly
basis. There is the possibility of Wednesday on-air
appearances on the radio station as well. I will do
an overall Top 20, but on my own, will also compile
rankings by classification throughout the year.

Finally, I responded to a post in a Chat Forum on
www.pennlive.com. This is the website that runs
content from the Harrisburg Patriot-News. They were
looking for people to run weblogs for different areas
of the state. I happy to announce that I have sent my
signed contract to freelance back to them today and I
will be writing the District 5 & 6 weblog this fall
for Penn Live. Look for at least 3 to 4 posts a week
throughout the season. Once I receive the link, I
will post it on Trojan Nation.

With all that being said, there will be some slight
changes to things as they exist now. The Trojan
Nation weblog (http://trojannation.blogspot.com) is
still in existence, however, posting to it will be
limited. Mainly this is because most of the types of
postings that would have showed up there will be
posted in the Penn Live weblog referenced above.

Also, those of you used to receiving the plethora of
information I normally post through the Yahoo Group
(http://groups.yahoo.com/johnstownhighfootball) will
see a slight drop off in posting. Obviously my time
will be at a premium this fall so I have to cut back
somewhere. I’ll still post links to local articles,
especially those that reference JHS, but some of the
out-of-market pieces you may have seen last year
(Philly, NJ, Ohio, etc) will most likely go away.

The scoreboard postings that appeared in the Yahoo
Group will be absorbed by the Standings/Scoreboard
page of the Trojan Nation site. We’ll do our best to
report on every score from Districts 5 through 10
(i.e. the western portion of the state).

The main thing the Yahoo Group will be used for though
will be to post updates to the Trojan Nation site as
well as postings to the Penn Live weblog. In essence,
the group will be a mailing list for new content. So,
if you wish to be e-mailed when new stuff posts, sign
up for the Yahoo Group. You can do so directly from
the link provided on the “Links” page at Trojan
Nation.

Thank you for your time. I hope you are all looking
forward to another exciting high school football
season, I know I sure am!

Sincerely,
Doug Keklak
Trojan Nation




_______________________________
Do you Yahoo!?
Win 1 of 4,000 free domain names from Yahoo! Enter now.
http://promotions.yahoo.com/goldrush

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home