Saturday, August 07, 2004

R.I.P. Superfreak

The Pirates surely didn't enjoy their first visit to the new PETCO Park in San Diego last night for sure. This west coast trip is an absolute disaster!!! I'm looking forward to Oliver Perez' outing against his old team though.

How about Ron Pierce at age 48 winning the drivers championship at the Meadowlands this year. An amazing feat for such a competitive track. He's the oldest driver ever to win.

Well, Windsong Legacy won the $1 Million Hambletonian today. The heavy favorite Tom Ridge inexplicably broke in the first turn. Unfortunately for me, Windsong Legacy wasn't enough of an upset for me to recover my entire $20 in my "win all" bet, I did get $11 back and I picked a $9 winner earlier in the card so it wasn't a totally bad day. Unlike my brother, who boxed exactas in two races, each time his key horse broke! I felt so bad for him!

They really go out in style at the Big M, traditionally the Hambo Day is the final day of their meet. 15 races, $3.14 million in purses. Only 5 races had purses less than $100K.

Here are some pics from Steelers training camp: http://f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/bc/kekdawg24/lst?.dir=/Mail+Attachments/Steelers+Training+Camp+(Latrobe+High)&.order=&.view=l&.src=bc&.done=http%3a//f1.pg.briefcase.yahoo.com/

As I mentioned yesterday, starting this week, I'm going to dedicated more of my time to update the Trojan Nation website (http://trojannation.tripod.com) with the start of football season around the corner. For info on HS football around the state and country, as well as updates on the AAABA tournament check out the johnstownhighfootball group at groups.yahoo.com

c ya

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home