Monday, May 02, 2005

Monday Morning Ramblings 2005, Issue XVII

Over the weekend I read a really good article on blogging in BusinessWeek. It talked about how blogging is changing the way those in the mainstream media think as far as their processes and how they write stories and columns. It was a much more hospitable take on the blogging scene than anything I've seen thus far from the MSM.

For instance, elitest columnists that bad mouth blogging and then don't respond to a counterpart written about a certain Pittsburgh boxer! No, I still have not heard from either Mike Seate or Sally Kalson. Quite frankly my opinion of Seate has gone downhill over the last few months. Before he was the refreshing liberal columnist in the right wing rag that is the Trib. I believe Al Franken described best in "Lies" as a "fishwrapper". His writing as of late has been boring, lazy and uninspiring.

The Riverhawks got their second win of the season this past Saturday over the AIFL Ghostriders. The league is off this week and then action returns the following week.

Hoorah! Family Guy is back! It picked up right where it left off. I loved the blast at Fox with Peter going through all the failed shows that came on after FG's first cancellation! My wife and I were sitting in front of the TV and, after months of watching and re-watching reruns on Cartoon Network, TBS and DVD, it was quite different, almost surreal if you will, to be watching a brand new episode.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home