Thursday, January 20, 2005

Monday Morning Ramblings 2005, Issue II

Yes, I do realize it is Thursday, do shut up if you post reminding me such! My divisional playoffs picks were 50% right. I had the Steelers who really got lucky and the Falcons who took care of the Rams pretty easily. I missed on the Vikings and Colts. I really thought this was the year for Manning. Oh well, I guess that goes to show that shooting your wad to early can come back and haunt you in the playoffs.

So, I'm going with the Commonwealth Super Bowl. I just don't see the Falcons beating the Eagles (with or without T.O.). Of course the Steelers pick is with my heart but my head also knows they can win as well. They spanked the Pats on Halloween and all anyone is talking about is that NE didn't have Corey Dillon. That's fine, but in case you didn't notice they play against a lot of solid RBs this year (Jamal Lewis for example) and they are pretty damn good against the run. It's not like they never saw Dillon before either, I mean, they used to get him twice a year when he was with Cincy.

I am soooo tired of hearing about Big Ben and the glove. Much ado about nothing, no one was bitching when he had his best game of the season against the NY Giants in December. He's not the first QB to do and he won't be the last. He had a bad game against the Jets but very little had to do with the glove.

Even though the NHL stoppage continues there is plenty of hockey for me in Western Pennsylvania. I can go an hour to the west to catch the Wheeling Nailers or an hour and a half east and see my hometown Johnstown Chiefs. Over this past weekend I caught the Chiefs in action. Kudos to GM Jim Brazill who let common sense prevail and moved the start time back to 8:00 Saturday night to accomodate those watching the Steelers game. Even with this move I was disappointed with the crowd. I guess people partied to much or had chest pains from heart failure after the football game! I had a grand time watching the Chiefs from the Parrot Bay party pit and while stoppages in play, glanced over at the TV and caught the Falcons' game. It was a tough weekend for the Chiefs as they lost Fri, Sat and Sun. They are currently sixth in their division of which only four make the playoffs.

Sunday morning was a real treat for me as I got to see my nephew Luke in action on the ice of the War Memorial. He plays for the Johnstown Warriors, who defeated the Arctic Foxes of Neville Island 5-3. I think it is so cool that my nephew is playing down on the ice that Slap Shot was filmed on.

Only one TV note, I caught the first American Idol and have my favorite loser already. The guy who had the "5.9%" headband on was classic! He will by William Hung for me this year!!!

Later, I'll try to get back to you guys on Monday next week!

GO STEELERS!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home